Ham Salad is a scrumptious appetizer or sandwich filling (excellent for vacation leftovers!) made with diced ham, relish, celery, and mayonnaise in 5 minutes.
Salads are a few of the most versatile dishes you can also make, since they are often paired with nearly any major dish. When you preferred my recipes for Rooster Salad, Tuna Salad and Egg Salad, you want to add this Ham Salad to your recipe field too!
My Ham Salad recipe is ideal as all the things from an appetizer to a major dish, and is made with diced ham, mayonnaise, celery and relish. You can also make it in round 5 minutes, and it stays good within the fridge for a couple of days so you may carry it with you to work for a fast lunch.
You may eat it the standard manner with a fork or, in order for you a singular occasion meals you may serve it over crackers. My private favourite method to eat it’s with Texas Toast as a sandwich! The additional thick bread makes this sandwich a responsible pleasure (which I particularly love making with my leftover vacation ham! (I’m taking a look at you Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze).
Try this sandwich:
That is certainly one of my favourite recipes due to how fast and simple it’s to make and since you should utilize leftovers to make it. One of the best Ham Salad is constituted of your leftover vacation ham from Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving, however you may also use deli meat or the thick honey baked ham slices you will get on the grocery retailer. So long as you cube it up, any ham will work.
To make Ham Salad, take your slices of ham, leftover of in any other case, and put them right into a meals processor. You want to solely use the meals processor in pulses so that you just don’t find yourself with meat paste. You need the items to seem like massive crumbs in regards to the measurement of bacon bits or massive peppercorns.
Then mince your celery into small chunks and pour them, the ham, mayonnaise and candy relish into a big bowl. Stir all the things collectively and canopy the bowl, then put it within the fridge for no less than an hour. You may positively refrigerate them for longer, however positively don’t take it out early in order for you the right chilled style.
HOW TO MAKE HAM SALAD
- Add ham to a meals processor and pulse till it’s in small items however not a paste, extra like crumbs.
- Add all of the elements collectively in a big bowl and stir nicely.
- Refrigerate for no less than one hour and serve chilled.
VARIATIONS ON HAM SALAD
- Sauces: You don’t simply have to make use of candy pickle relish. You should utilize dijon mustard, yellow mustard, and even dill pickle juice. Relying on what your preferences are, you may add kind of mayonnaise to make the flavour stronger or weaker.
- Add ins: Strive finely chopping some inexperienced onions, bell peppers, or white button mushrooms and stirring them in. You too can high the Ham Salad with shredded cheddar or a handful of parmesan cheese.
The right way to Retailer Ham Salad:
- Serve: Ham Salad is historically served up chilled and it has mayonnaise in it, so you actually shouldn’t depart it out for longer than about 2 hours or it is going to go dangerous.
- Retailer: You may hold the salad for as much as about three days within the fridge, so long as it’s stored in one thing hermetic. It would hold higher for those who retailer the elements individually, particularly the mayonnaise.
- Freeze: Don’t. Ham Salad must be eaten recent or out of the fridge, since mayonnaise famously doesn’t freeze nicely.
Like this recipe? Reserve it to your Pinterest board now!
- Yield: eight servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Complete Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Essential Course
- Delicacies: American
- Writer: Sabrina Snyder
Ham Salad is a scrumptious appetizer or sandwich filling (excellent for vacation leftovers!) made with diced ham, relish, celery, and mayonnaise in 5 minutes!
- three cups ham (16 ounces)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- half of cup celery , minced
- 2 tablespoons candy relish
- 1/eight teaspoon coarse floor black pepper
Observe: click on on instances within the directions to start out a kitchen timer whereas cooking.
Add ham to a meals processor and pulse till it’s in small items however not a paste, extra like crumbs.
Add all of the elements collectively in a big bowl and stir nicely.
Yield: eight servings, Quantity per serving: 270 energy, Energy: 270g, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 8g, Fats: 25g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 713mg, Potassium: 141mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 93g, Vitamin C: 10g, Calcium: 7g, Iron: 1g
All pictures and textual content © for Dinner, then Dessert.
Key phrases: ham, ham salad